Monday 2 December 2013

Dreamworld Hermetica - Swatches & Review

I ordered from the lovely Ellie at Dreamworld Hermetica recently (after becoming addicted to her foundation) and included in my parcel were 4 new eyeshadows to try. She told me that they were a new formula that she was testing. Needless to say I was thrilled at the chance to give them a go :)
I love the way the jars were labelled, the ingredients are clearly listed.

The difference with these shadows from the regular ones is that they contain oil in the base, which gives the pebble-like or clumpy look to the shadow in the jar. Oslo Cosmetics is another company that uses a base like this. I decided I wanted to see how these would go without primer so these are all swatched over bare skin.

Dreamworld Hermetica Mistletoe Swatch
 Dreamworld Hermetica Mistletoe Swatch


Dreamworld Hermetica Sonnet Swatch
Dreamworld Hermetica Sonnet Swatch


Dreamworld Hermetica Windsong Swatch
Dreamworld Hermetica Windsong Swatch


Dreamworld Hermetica Grendal's Mother Swatch
Dreamworld Hermetica Grendal's Mother Swatch


Dreamworld Hermetica Swatches

I. love. these. They performed incredibly without any kind of primer, and the shades are beautiful. The sheen in 'Mistletoe' is particularly striking - too much for my camera! I do love her usual formula also but these are something a bit different, which I enjoy. I found that they were easy to apply smoothly and evenly, and had no difficulty getting product onto my brush. If Dreamworld continue to release eyeshadows with this formula I'll definitely be picking a few up!  These shades are from an upcoming collection.

Follow Dreamworld on Facebook or check out her website here :) The customer service is fantastic, Ellie seems committed to providing a high quality product and has always happy to help with any questions I've had. I'm currently trying out her lip twists also so hopefully will get a review up soon - I'm loving the vibrancy!

Thanks for viewing my post xx

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I just received mine too and gasped when I saw Grendel's Mother. It was so amazing; I can't wait to try them out :)

    ReplyDelete